My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

West Coast Tour - SUVs and coffee machines....

So, this is a little belated, but I figured I'd do a little entry on my West Coast Tour too, since I did one for the East Coast :)

So me and my friend and singer-songwriter buddy Aruna headed up the coast of California on the last week of April 2005 to do our very first tour together. It was a lovely experience and one we hope to repeat again sometime later in the year.

I love driving and Aruna hates it, so I was the designated driver and Aruna was the designated navigator. We rented this huge white Ford Explorer, and I don't usually like the idea of driving SUVs, but I must say that I understand, now, why people like their SUVs. It's really nice being head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. I felt like a giant on the road among the rest of the cars. My car is a VW golf hatchback, so driving this SUV felt like driving a bus! However, it was a good thing we got an SUV or we could not have fit in all our equipment.

Between the two of us, we had two 88-key weighted keyboards, 2 keyboard stands, 2 large suitcases, boxes of cds, and various other bits and pieces. Whew....

So off we went......

[25th April - Kava Lounge (Santa Barbara)]
Aruna got happy on two cups of Kava. I had a sip of it. Made my tongue numb and
tasted pretty bitter. It's supposed to be a nice herbal relaxant of a drink, but I prefer my Darjeeling tea, thank you very much :)

[26th April - 2 Dogs Coffee (San Luis Obispo)]
We stayed in Morro Bay that evening after the performance. I had a lovely time walking along the bay, in the drizzly morning....


[27th April - Coho Coffeehouse @ Stanford]
It was great to see my friends Adrian and Nicole again and their 3 year old son Ian, whom I serenaded with "If I kissed you" :)

[28th April - The Cannery (San Francisco)
A lovely day for an outdoor concert and the acoustics were great. We had frozen fingers at the end of the gig though, because of all that wind blowing in from the bay!

[29th April - Barefoot Espresso (Santa Clara)]
We met Alissa who drove 3 hours from Sacramento to see us. Hugs also to Phillip who found us via Ping. thanks Ping! All in all, a lovely coffeehouse with great acoustics and a really fun crowd to sing for.

[30th April - Railroad Cafe and Gallery (San Luis Obispo)]


All in all, we had a wonderful tour, met some really cool people, built up some serious muscles lugging all that heavy equipment and clocked up a lot of mileage.

And it was good having a friend along for the ride. Thanks Aruna :)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger TransitionGirl said...

Now what is Kava? Never heard of it... but than again, Singapore doesn't get alot of these stuff... You should know. :)

Anyway, good to hear you're safe and sound. I hate driving long distances... and in the States, its longgggggggggggggggggg, not like the 45 minutes 'long' drive from Pasir Ris to Jurong!

Thank God for the good perfomances! Can't wait to hear ya live back home! :)

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 6:44:00 PM  
Blogger jeffyen said...

Hey Corrinne, nice to see your blog up and running! It's very interesting to read the 'behind the scenes' stories of a singer on tour...;)

Thursday, June 16, 2005 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Corrinne May said...

Kava....
according to the waitress at the Kava Lounge in Santa Barbara,
it is a herbal drink that is a relaxant. I didn't drink it though. I'm quite a wuss when it comes to trying new things like that. I think it is the Singaporean in me :)

Yeah....the drive was Looong.

See ya in singapore.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Deep3lue said...

Hi! I'm a listener from Singapore I want to know that I totally enjoy your songs! Praise the Lord for your song writing skills. They are indeed magnificent! Great stuffs really and it makes me proud to know that a fellow Singaporean is going so well in contemporary Christian music scene. God bless you and keep flowing in His Spirit!

Saturday, June 18, 2005 9:49:00 AM  
Blogger TransitionGirl said...

Hm.. you know Corrinne, its not exactly a blog unless you write in it.. hehehe... pls update! Looking forward to hearing about your days! :)

Friday, June 24, 2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger JANNYJANJAN said...

Hi Corrinne! Just wanted to say how much I really enjoy your music, and that I appreciate the stark honesty of your lyrics. I've got both your albums and they're constantly being replayed on my ipod. :)

Hope to be able to catch you live back home too! Very very proud to be a fellow Singaporean indeed- keep up the fantastic work! and of course, keep us in the loop online. You've got our support!

Sunday, June 26, 2005 11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home