My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Chinese New Year Fireworks

Sitting here in Seremban, Malaysia...
a shower of fireworks spewing
across the nightsky, heralding in
the Lunar New Year. High-pitched shrieks pierce
the silence as phoenixes take flight and explode
in the night sky with a loud, 'BOOM'.

According to tradition, fireworks are set off during
Chinese New Year to scare away the evil spirits.

Yet,what is it about fireworks...
that makes people stop and stare in awe?

I stood transfixed at the kitchen window,
as I watched the black night suddenly
light up in colours of pink, purple, green,
red and orange. Little bulbs, little feather
lights, fairy dandelions, spreading their glow
for a short while and disappearing into the
darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home