My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Monday, November 07, 2005

Superheroes

Some people take the call to be superheroes really seriously.
And I'm not just talking about the Mother Teresas or the Gandhis
amongst us.

I read the news the other day about a real-life
superhero who calls himself the Angle Grinder Man.

If you have ever parked illegally, or overstayed your
welcome in the parking lot, then you might be familiar
with the way that cops clamp the wheel of your car
to get you to pay a fine to un-clamp it.

And Angle Grinder Man could be your new favourite Superhero.

He lives in England, dresses up in crotch-hugging
blue spandex and goes around with a saw, helping
motorists cut off the wheel-clamps from their cars for free!

(Hmmmmm......O.k now....so I guess if I were to go round giving
lollipops and teddy bears to kids who need one, I could call myself
the Teddy Bear Woman? Is there some sort of Superhero Constitution? *grin* )

He even has his own web-site.www.anglegrinderman.org


Makes for pretty interesting, reading.
Almost cartoon-like...

I think we are all superheroes in our own way.
We don't have to wear crotch-grabbing, tight-fitting spandex
costumes to prove it, but we can all work to make the world
a better place.

Recycling anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Hi there, pleasantly surprised to find that you have a blog! :) Was at the UCC concert on 12th Feb, and wanted to tell you that I loved your concert. Regarding our everyday superheros, its true that sometimes most people dont see how they can add value afterall they are only one. When I came back from Sweden, I was so into recycling that I just introduced a recycling box to my company here, and viola we recycle! Takes a simple gesture really!

Take care!

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home