My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Making A Christmas Album

Kavin and Helik checking out the mix. Kokomo checks out the camera

Craig Macintyre and Eric Holden practicing the tracks. Kavin conducts the rehearsal.


Kavin "pro-tooling"



Kokomo and Helik




It takes a long time to make a record. There are the songs to choose, the music arrangements to discuss,the charts to write, the musicians to hire, the recording studio to book, the recording engineer to engage, the recording engineer's dog to cajole...(a vanilla gold sweet Labrador)...

It felt strange to be singing and recording Christmas Carols in September,
a full three months before the 25th of December. So I dug
through my mental drawer of memories and found a few I could
visually picture and sing to...

I remembered myself as the 8-year old, dressed in the red and white
uniform of the choir, standing with the rest of the kids in the choir
in the shopping mall (Daimaru in Singapore), singing "Joy to the World"
as loud as we could whilst the frazzled choir mistress valiantly
tried to get us to smile and 'impart the joy of Christmas'.

Then there was the other time, during my pre-university days, when we
would visit the old folks home, and the patients in the hospitals
and attempt to bring a smile to their faces with our acappella
renditions of Christmas carols. They probably wanted to sleep, the poor
things, and we were there to rouse them to good Christmas cheer.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger alveeno said...

That is such a long post.. lol let me go back to reread again.. heheheh ^.^ Ur the best Corrinne! Thanks for the update! I plan to see you in North Hollywood!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:57:00 PM  
Blogger m.Ru said...

finally! an update!

Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home