My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Kindling Fire

Thinking about this dry period of creativity,
the watching and the waiting...
and remembering that sometimes you need the extreme dryness
in order to catch fire and burn brightly. Just like a burning bush...

Perhaps that's the way it is with us.

When we are feeling dry, spiritually and creatively...
when we've reached an absolute dryness,
the spirit comes and uses our dryness
to burn an intense fire within us.
There is always hope.

For without that dryness,
the fire would not kindle as quickly,
nor burn as brightly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
how are you feeling now?better?
Rest well and get better soon.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 7:21:00 AM  
Blogger yanling said...

hello Corrinne,

do rest well. am glad that you're back to writing on your blog.

like this post of yours =)

yanling

Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:06:00 AM  
Blogger mr.sandmannn said...

Hi Corrinne,

I'm a fan of yours from Singapore, who is brinking on the edge of obsession and delight. That aside, I'd like to tell you that your songs have always made me feel God's love and His gentle voice.

About your post... Moses trodded through the desert, emerging from it a man God could use. Israel wandered in the desert before reaching the chosen land. Jesus fasted and was called to the wilderness to be tested and only then he returned to start his ministry.

I guess dryness is the prelude to a climax of fulfillment. Jiayou! I can't wait to hear your new album.

- Ronald

Saturday, April 07, 2007 8:51:00 AM  
Blogger li yee said...

what a good analogy! i shall remember it when i am feeling dry and wilting.

judith

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home