My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Class 95 FM showcase at Barfly in Singapore

Thursday 16th August 2007

I had two press interviews today before
the Class 95 FM showcase at Barfly.
One was for 8 days magazine and the other
was for Maxim magazine.

Then it was time for a soundcheck
on stage with Kenn Chua on guitars and
Reggie Pereira on percussion.

In the meantime, we were told that
there was already a line of people waiting
to get into the club and that people had
started waiting at about 6 p.m

IMG_3136

So once we were done with soundcheck,
I went to the holding room to get changed
and the management let the people into
the club. It was about 7 p.m

The club was packed to the brim by
the time 8 p.m rolled by.

PS9O2023

The stage with the banner for the showcase
DEFG0367

Standing by for the show to begin
DEFG0391
And soon it was time to start the show.

Glenn Ong and the Fly Dutchman DJs
from Class 95 FM introduced me
and we had a short chat on stage
about the 'Beautiful Seed' album.
PS9O1734

Then we started with the show
and sang Shelter, Leaving, Green-Eyed Monster,
Beautiful Seed, City of Angels and
On The Side of Me to close the set.

DEFG0484

DEFG0763

PS9O1890

IMG_3150

However, the crowd still wanted more
so we came back for an encore
of Love Song #1, Five Loaves and Two Fishes
and My Little Nephew.

"Get back there, you've got an encore to do!"
DEFG0674

DEFG0491


PS9O2001



It was great to see some familiar faces
in the crowd and after signing some cds
and taking some photographs, I spent
some time with some of my old schoolmates
from RGS who had taken the time to come
for the showcase.

Signing autographs after the showcase

PS9O2065

Kavin, with my parents in the background. i wonder what they were laughing at :)
DEFG0668

I was also glad that Calvin and Holly
from Warner Music took the special occasion
to fly into Singapore around the time
of my showcase so that they could catch
me performing at Barfly.

DEFG0819

Also present from Warner Music were most of the
people from the Singapore office, James Kang, Simon
Nasser, Johnny Lim, Sammy Shirra and
Evelyn Woo. It was lovely to have their show of support
and I was grateful that the showcase went well.

PS9O2080

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the wonderful show at Barfly. Glad that was selected by Class 95 to watch your performance and guess what, I am one of those in the queue in your pic. : P

Keep records rolling!!

Friday, September 21, 2007 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home