My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Saturday, April 07, 2007

An Easter Reflection

"If the canvas on which an artist paints could think and speak,
certainly it wouldn't complain about constantly being touched
and retouched by a brush,
and neither would it envy the role of that instrument,
because it would know that it is not to the brush
but to the artist that directs it that it owes the beauty that it bears.
As to the brush, it couldn't take glory in the masterpiece that it has made.
It knows that artists aren't inconvenienced : They make child's play of difficulties, taking pleasure in sometimes choosing instruments that are weak and defective..."
- St. Therese of Liseux.


I'm really enjoying St. Therese's autobiography, 'The Story of a Soul'.
I love her child-like nature, her metaphors, full of richness.

So here I am, thinking more about what she said about how,
being instruments, we should not take pride in our own abilities,
but rejoice that we have a wonderful artist
who knows how to make use of us in the best way possible.

I thought about how cheaply bought instruments,
like the Pearl River pianos, or the $1.99 harmonicas...
often break down after a while and a good artist,
though he can still make use of them to paint or create a masterpiece,
cannot make the best music that can be played on better instruments,
like the Steinways or Bosendorfers of the piano world,
which are sensitive to the Master's touch
and which work to enhance the Master's artistry.

We were not bought cheaply.
We were paid for by His blood...His sacrifice...
His pain...His sufferings, His cross...His death.
We are the most exquisite instruments that even money cannot buy.

He wanted us, so much so that He paid the ultimate price.
And so it goes, we are instruments that are powerfully made.
Each of us, an instrument with a purpose, each of us,
a part of His symphony.
Each of us, a one-of-a-kind creation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gloria Wong said...

keep shinning for Him! =) your supporter =)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 8:40:00 AM  
Blogger Cove Red said...

Hmm.. Very profound but in fact its the simplest fact we all need to know isn't it. This is so essential for people who need a "facelift" (aka God to lift our chins towards Him heh) and souls that are downtrodden. Even more so for people who think they've got it all and take pride in their own gifts, well.. too much. =) Thanks for your soul-lifting posts, truly enjoying reading your blog =)

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home