My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Monday, May 14, 2007

Genghis Cohen show 20th April 2007

So I had my gig at Genghis Cohen on the 20th of April 2007
and it went well, thank God. My throat was starting
to tighten up halfway through the gig,
but thank goodness my voice held up in spite of my cold.

John Scott Evans accompanied me on guitar and he did good.
It felt so nice to play with him because he's a really
musical and sensitive player and adds just the right touch
of support.

It was so nice to see a bunch of people there, Dan Zimmerman,
Al Gomez with his two daughters Stephanie and Kimberly,
Rosie, Jose, Coco and her two kids, Erik, a couple of people
from Singapore were there too, including Min Zhi and her friend.
Another Singapore student, Rachel flew down from Seattle.
John Mark and his friends were there and he was thrilled
that I managed to sing "The Birthday Song" for his daughter
who was celebrating her birthday that evening.
Steve Siu came with his friend Carson and his girlfriend and Lucy
Yang was there too as was Grace and Olivia.
I was also really happy to meet Sara who drove from Redlands, CA
to be there that evening. She was there with her husband and
it was delightful to meet her in person. We had previously
only communicated via email and she and I had a similar experience
with having to undergo catheter ablation and it felt comforting
to know that she and I shared that experience.

Here's the list of songs that was sung that evening :

City of Angels
Shelter
Green-Eyed Monster
Beautiful Seed
Slow Down
My Little Nephew
Leaving
Scar
Five Loaves and Two Fishes
The Birthday Song
On The Side of Me

Some pics from the evening :



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the performance going to be loaded onto your site?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 8:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CoRRInnE!!! amazing... all new songs!!! please speed up the production.. looking forward to your new album and ucc concert in august ;-)

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Corrinne, it's nice to see your name on your electronic keyboard. I remembered last time when you played at Fat Frog Cafe in 2002. You had a cardboard with your picture and name printed on it at that time. The scotch-tape to the cardboard didn't seem to stick on the electronic keyboard and it kept falling off while you were singing. It was a funny yet memorable experience though with all the bull frogs croaking :) I'm just reminiscing...

Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home