My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Thursday, December 20, 2007

October 1st 2007 Monday - Reflections on the Memorial of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church

October 1st 2007 Monday - Reflections on the Memorial of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, virgin and doctor of the Church

"The Lord nurtured and taught her. He guarded her as the apple of his eye.
As the eagle spreads its wings to carry its young, he bore her on his shoulders.
The Lord alone was her leader." [based on Deuteronomy 32:10-12]

Just so happened that I went to morning mass just now
and it was the memorial to St. Therese of the child Jesus.
I don't think it was a coincidence that I got woken up in time
for mass. Funny thing was that I woke up because I thought someone
was calling my name 'Corrinne!' in a loud whisper.

After mass, I was praying the rosary before the Blessed Sacrament
and got to the 3rd decade of the Joyful Mysteries, ie.
the birth of Jesus, and I got to thinking about my fears
and frustrations that this gift that I've been given,
ie. this album of songs 'Beautiful Seed', might be hidden
in obscurity, that perhaps it would not see the light of day
the way I wished it to be, ie. widely heard here in the States...
maybe that may never happen and I do get frustrated wondering
why God would give me these songs, but yet not wish the songs
to be more widely known at this point in time.

Then again, I remembered that someone once reminded me that
God does not call us to be successful. He calls us to be faithful.

I wonder how Mary must have felt,
ie. this King, this God, born in a humble stable,
his birth, not known at all to the world, except for
a few select people, the shepherds, the wise men, the animals
in the stable, the angels singing from on high.

God chose to wait 30 years before He allowed His son to begin
His ministry. How did Mary feel about that? What was her response?
How can I learn from her? She must have had so much patience, faith
and trust in the Lord and in His plan for both her son and for herself.

The Lord must have had a lot of patience and trust and obedience
to His Father too. After all, He, who was found preaching
to the elders in the temple when he was boy, must have had
all the wisdom in the world to begin his ministry then, as a teenager.
But in obedience to His Father's will, he followed Mary and Joseph
back home and was obedient to them, till He began His ministry at
the ripe age of 30.

Oh Lord, help me to trust in your plans for me, help me to
let you lead the way and not run off somewhere on my own.
Grant me patience and faith and help me not to despair,
but to wait upon your commands.

What a beautiful image from this morning's readings
from Deuteronomy; for as you carried St. Therese upon
your shoulders, carry me upon yours O Lord, that I might
travel with you, and trust in where you choose to fly
and take me. Help me to rest under your wings and to watch
the beautiful view from the vantage point of your wings
as you fly me to where you wish me to be.
Help me to remember, Lord, that in my journeys, I am
never alone, for you are with me. Yes, even till the end
of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home