My Photo
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Thursday, December 20, 2007

September 16th 2007 - Around the world - Stage One : L.A - Singapore (singing for the Rolls-Royce event, launch of the Phantom car.)

16th September 2007 - Around the world - Stage One : L.A - Singapore (singing for the Rolls-Royce event, launch of the Phantom car.)

On Sunday evening, Clinton gave us a lift to the airport at LAX.
The 17-hour flight landed us in Singapore at 5.30 a.m, Tuesday morning,
the 18th of September 2007.

We checked in to the hotel at 6.30 a.m and Kavin slept for an hour while I had a shower and then checked out the breakfast buffet. The buffet was pretty good and I had tomato salsa chicken with rosti potato, grilled eggplant, zucchini and some fresh fruit and tea.

Around 8.30 a.m, we met Papa and Mummy at Alexandra hawkers centre for
breakfast. I had the minced meat noodles and a good cup of teh, then headed home to practice for the performance I had the next day.

We had lunch at Ghim Moh and Kavin and I went shopping later with Vivienne and Rowan. Rowan got a little hungry, so we had an afternoon snack of Mos burgers.
After this, Kavin and I headed to Vivocity to pick up some shoes, some clothes and then had dinner at the Food republic. I had watercress pork rib soup and also a stewed meat noodle from the Formosa handmade noodle stall. It was quite good.
Kavin had fishball noodles and also chatted with the Aussie guy sitting at our table who was on the last leg of his world travel tour.

Then we headed back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.

The next day, we had lunch with Papa and Mummy, and after lunch Mummy helped me to iron my dress for the performance in the evening.
We got picked up after this and headed to Labrador Park where the event was to be held in the evening for the Rolls-Royce event.

The marketing lady Alexis was there to meet us. I did a soundcheck in my frumpy T-shirt and spectacles:) The piano was good and once the soundcheck was done,
it was time to get changed and put on make-up.

By the time of the performance, it was 9.10 p.m.
I sang 'On The Side of Me' and 'My Little Nephew' for the dinner banquet guests, then later on, sang 'Angel in Disguise' on the roof-top garden, accompanied by Kenn Chua on guitar.

Kenn Chua and I singing "Angel in Disguise"

The new Rolls-Royce Phantom. $1.6m will buy you one of these!

After signing some autographs and taking some pictures with the guests,
Kavin and I said our good-byes to the organisers and took a cab to the Changi Airport around 10 p.m as we had to catch the flight to New York that same evening,
so that we could get into Montreal on time to perform at the CAAS event on the 20th of September.

Thank goodness we got to the airport on time and a rep from CAAS was there to help smoothen the process of checking in.
The flight to Frankfurt on-route to New York was pretty smooth.
(although the AC on the plane was freezing!)


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home