My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Babysitting for my nephews, Dylan and Ryan.

Uncle Kavin and Dylan

Uncle Kavin and Aunty Corrinne with Dylan and Ryan

Kavin's parents with their grandsons

Babysitting -


Kavin and I have spent the past week up in Northern California,
helping his sister to babysit her two-year-old
son Dylan and her almost 3 month old infant, Ryan, in the interim period as she looks for a nanny.

I've discovered that taking care of a kid requires patience,
a good amount of humour, and a willingness to view the world
through the kids eyes.

Everything becomes a kind of game, even the feeding
becomes a challenging creative exercise
"see! here comes a tiny tree! (read : broccoli floret)
See if you can eat the flying saucer! Eat this last
mouthful and you can have a tangerine!"

Kids have an innate fascination with the world.
Talk about repetition! The same game will yield
hours of fun way after the adults get tired of playing
the same game over and over again :)

And for such a tiny person, you cannot imagine
that their poop would stink so bad!

Ryan has begun to be responsive
to our conversations with him and loves to laugh
at the way I say 'Broccoli!' at him. Fascinating.

In this season of Christmas, it makes me reflect
about how much humility and trust the Lord Jesus
must have had in accepting the Father's will
to being born helpless, totally dependent,
as a human baby.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids are lovely.. the older boy looks a little like a Eurasian.. It's fun to play with them for a day and one can learn quite a lot just by observing them..

I thot of jus popping a comment here as i was listening to ur songs.. I appreciate it very much that u wrote your struggles and some of your deep thoughts.. It's been encouraging to me too.. =) especially this song - Five Loaves and Two Fishes.

I often think about that boy
when I'm feeling small
and I worry that the work I do
means nothing at all

But every single tear I cry
is a diamond in His hands
and every door that slams in my face
I will offer up in prayer

So I'll give you every breath that I have
Oh Lord, you can work miracles
All that you need is my "Amen"

Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you wish, I surrender
Take my fears and inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
I hope it's not too small
I trust in you, I trust in you


The work that u do will not
means nothing at all.. =)
Here's some pictures i took during ur concert in dec 2006 (singapore).. I cant believe its been a year and it's 2008 now! Time flies..

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/potterhand/corrinnemay1-400.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/potterhand/IMG_0865.jpg

Awaiting for your new album ;P

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home