My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

I write songs, I sing them... I play the piano and a little bit of the guitar.. I've released 5 albums of music, I love the scent of freshly fallen rain and the scent of lavender on bedsheets. I would drink tea all day long if the caffeine didn't keep me up at night. I hate driving in L.A traffic. I would love to one day catch the squirrel that steals the plums from my tree and make him a pet. I don't watch TV anymore. My 3 year old daughter is more entertaining than any TV show could ever be :)

 Subscribe to Corrinne's Musings

Friday, December 21, 2007

November 1st 2007 - My island - Flying from Singapore to LA

1st November 2007

Never realised how tiny Singapore is till just now...
Looking out the window as the plane climbed higher and higher,
my tiny island; I could see all of it from my vantage point in the sky,
the stacks of HDB blocks like coloured, stripped (?) birthday candles
on that dark green cake, slowly becoming mere toothpicks...
I could see Sentosa, Pulau Ubin and the whole outline of Singapore.
Merely a dot on the geographical map, it struck me that Singapore too,
seemingly small, is a beautiful seed that has blossomed on the global stage.
Yes, there is much to be grateful for, much to feel blessed and proud about...
how a tiny island, about the size of Manhattan, has made its existence
known on the world stage.
The plane then reached layers of fluffy clouds and here we are,
skimming the tops of frosty peaks, enroute our 15 1/2 hour flight to LA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home